Phi Delta Kappa International, the leading advocate for public education, promotes quality education for all as essential to a democratic way of life by providing innovative programs, relevant research, visionary leadership, and dedicated service.
Beliefs that guide us as we strive toward our mission:
- We believe in publicly supported education.
- We believe that quality education for all is essential to the development and maintenance of a democratic way of life.
- We believe in upholding the ethical ideals of research, service, and leadership.
- We believe that leadership should be nurtured and developed.
- We believe that a dynamic organization incorporates the needs of its members, is responsive to the environment and trends, and changes as needed.
- We believe that diversity strengthens our association.